Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back in the U.S.A.!

So, I've been back for a few days now (being busy + recovering from a nasty voice-sapping cold = no time/energy to write) and it feels good to be home. Many small things are much appreciated following a stint abroad. American plumbing being one of them. It's fun to go through what I brought back, revisit the pictures I took (there are lots, I will put up the best of the best here at some point, it may take a bit to sort through them all since I took over 3000 pictures and videos). Mom and I went to an Asian grocery store in town and it was really fun to see things I recognized, had eaten in Japan and Thailand, and currently crave. We made a fun stir fry using some ingredients from there and the plain old Cash Wise. I now have a few culinary goals for recreating some of my favorites from Japan and Thailand, but since I'm going back to Olaf in few days, those plans will have to be put on hold. I bought a variety pack of spices and two medium sized bags of saffron and curry in Thailand; it'll be fun to play with everything. I'm still on the hunt for green tea powder though.
The next few days promise to be busy, a medical school interview at the Twin Cities, family get-together (the weather had better cooperate this time! :) ), and going back to Olaf for my last semester. It's weird being a senior. Beginnings and endings at the same time. But it's exciting!

No comments: