Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Undergrad Gratitude

These days, we're taking Biomolecular Cell Biology (BMCB) and Histology, with a dollop of Nutrition on top. And boy, am I ever glad that I decided to go the extra mile and take Biochemistry at St. Olaf. Seriously people, if you think you're going to be pre-med, take that class! It'll save you tons of grief on down the line. And if you aren't a biology major (okay, even if you are), you had better take Genetics and make sure you understand it. Life will be easier later on. Now and then I wish I had taken more in cell biology, or something of the sort. Or that Anatomy had included more histology in it. But I suppose medical school will be an avalanche of information no matter what. At least I had decent preparation for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Imagine how much studying you would be doing had you not taken biochemistry and genetics. And having taking those classes so recently gives you an advantage too rather than having worked for a few years and then gone on to med school. Ahh, the wonderful memory powers of the brain!