Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Alaska!!!

Hello!
I haven't posted anything here in quite some time, but since we're in Alaska, I'd like to share some of our pictures!


We made a quick stop in the Pike Street Market in Seattle. This specimen is a real beauty isn't it? Just after I took this picture and stood up, one of the fishermen yanked on a rope tied to this fish's tail and completely startled me! If I had been taking the picture when he did that I would have had a heart attack! After this we went to Everett, Washington to take a tour of the Boeing factor. The next day, we got onto the ferry.

A couple hours after we got onto the ferry (about 7:30 PM Alaska time) we saw three orcas right off the bow of our ship! If you look closely at this picture, you can see the dorsal fin of one. This was a fantastic way to start our trip on the Alaska Marine Highway.

We've spent some days just travelling on the ferry. So, we entertain ourselves by playing cards, studying for the MCAT (oh joy), knitting, or gazing at the gorgeous scenery that we pass by. We've chugged past many snow covered mountains, picturesque waterfalls, and even a glacier!

This picture is a bit out of order, but this is from Bellingham where we got onto the ferry. I'm so glad I have hats and gloves, because it's been cool, very cloudy, and misty or straight out raining. But we've been having a great time!

No comments: